8 Quickbooks Helpful Tips – Invoicing Your Customers
After completing a service or making a sale, one of the most important things you’ll need to do is get payment from your customer. On Quickbooks, it’s easy to create an invoice that the software will send directly to your customer and make it easy for them to pay.
But first, before invoicing, you’ll need to add the person or company as a customer on Quickbooks:
- Click on customers on Quickbooks’ left sidebar.
- Move your mouse to New Customer on the upper right corner and click on it.
- Fill out the customer’s information on the form that pops up. Make sure to include their email address so that they’ll receive the invoice.
Once you register your customer, it’s time to create and send an invoice:
- Click on the plus sign on the upper right corner of Quickbooks.
- Use the drop-down menu on the upper left to choose the customer. If you put in their email address already, it’ll auto-fill. If not, you can manually add it at this time.
- Choose your billing terms from the drop down menu. You can choose due dates of due on receipt, or 15, 30, or 60 days from billing date.
- On the invoice lines, choose the type of service you’re charging for, and the amount of money due. Scroll down to also write options notes to the customer, or a memo regarding the service.
- Click save and send to send the invoice directly to the customer.
Before sending the invoice, you may also want to set up Quickbooks so customers can directly pay you online using a bank transfer (free) or a credit card, which has associated transfer fees. On the Invoice page, check off which payment option you want to set up, bank transfer or credit card, and click on get set up. You’ll be directed to a new page where you fill in your business’ financial information.
After setting up payment options, it’s easy to receive payments from all customers.
Contact us for bookkeeping and accounting needs! 256.705.3585